2016 Annual Report Sucess
Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North (RDAYMN) celebrated regional success stories at their Annual Reporting Meeting with invited guests on Wednesday 12th October, in Port Pirie. Attended by the Minister for Regional
Development, Hon Geoff Brock MP, and special guests including regional Mayors and business owners, RDAYMN Chair Bill Vandepeer highlighted the achievements of the Board and staff, across the broad areas of economic, community and workforce development.
Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North launched a new Strategic Prospectus in 2015/16 which focussed their work on a three year plan to increase business and infrastructure assistance.
In the 2015- 2016 year, key returns facilitated through activities of the RDAYMN Board and staff included:
• Value of Public and Private Infrastructure Investment of $36.05m; including Port Pirie Memorial Oval, Copper
Coast Sporting Complex, upgrade of Peterborough Main Street, upgrade of Paxton Square Cottages, Barunga Village upgrade and Clare Valley Food Wine and Tourism Centre;
• A total of 14 community infrastructure projects were substantially assisted;
• 258 occasions of assistance provided to business clusters or groups;
• 33 training programs developed and delivered to over 855 participants from across the region, of which more than 50% obtained employment or increased their hours;
• RDAYMN staff serviced 1192 business connections.
RDAYMN’s commitment to working with community and local government partners has been a high focus over the past 12 months. Highlights for 2015/16 include:
• Delivery of substantial community and economic development through the Peterborough Community Development Officer role;
• Delivery of an Industry Driven workforce training and development model;
• The launch of Yorke Peninsula Food Brand in collaboration with industries and local government;
• Clare/ Burra Research Project;
• Completion of the Southern Flinders Ranges “Grass Roots” Food & Wine Project;
• Successful facilitation of over $24m in Regional Development Fund applications.
RDAYMN also provided expertise to various networks across the region including; Upper Spencer Gulf Common
Purpose Group, Clare Valley Alliance, Yorke, Mid North and Southern Flinders Industry Leaders Groups, Regional Development South Australia. RDAYMN also provided over 40 briefings on specific issues to State and Local Government to share the extensive knowledge and information for better outcomes for the region.
RDAYMN CEO Kelly-Saffin Quote: “These projects underpin our community to enhance the attractiveness of our communities to live in and for businesses to grow in”.RDAYMN Chair Bill Vandepeer Quote: “None of our work would be possible without the contributions of the Federal, State and Local Governments and their ongoing commitment to us as a valuable contributor to growth and regional development. The confirmed ongoing support of the Commonwealth Government through Minister Nash in the 2016 budget and three year agreement with the State Government through Minister Brock are highly valued. We look forward to continuing to grow our region for the benefit of our communities and businesses.”
Future success stories can be located via our industry newsletter. Sign up here firstname.lastname@example.org and the 2015/16 Annual Report will be made available at www.yorkeandmidnorth.com.au by October 31st 2016.
Media Contact: Kelly-Anne Saffin, Chief Executive Officer
P 1300 742 414 or email@example.com
RDAYMN launched a new Strategic Prospectus in 2015/16 which focused their work on a three year plan to increase business and infrastructure assistance
Business Unit: Business Development