- Community Recreation and Sport Facilities Program
- FUND MY IDEA - PORT PIRIE AND MID NORTH
- Food and Beverage Development Fund
- Simplify Day 2017 – Red Tape Reduction and Regulatory Reform
- Expressions of Interest - Regional Development Australia Board Members
- Building Better Regions Funding OPEN
- Inquiry Into Issues Faced by South Australian Primary Producers in Retail Supply
- Understanding WeChat and UnionPay Workshop Vidoes
- Volunteer Grants 2016
- Horizon Scholarships - For the Next Generation of Agricultural Leaders
- 2017 Business Missions Calendar
- Social Effects Document
- Lonely Planet Votes SA 5th Best Region To Visit In 2017
- Department of State Development Small Business Workshop Program 2016
- Celebrating Regional Success - RDAYMN Annual Report
- Yorke Peninsula Food Directory released!
- Understanding China - Workshop
- Digital Business Workshop Port Pirie
- Events at Clare this weekend
- #iloveclare Campaign Winner!
- Clare Valley Cuisine Launches New Digital Food Trail
- Grants SA Funding for Community Organisations - Apply Online
- Yorke Peninsula Food and Produce Branding
- Clare Valley #iloveclare
- Mid North Engineering Academy
- Improve internet reception and connectivity and stop getting frustrated!
- Job Opportunity: Regional Project Assistant - Caring Choice Port Pirie
- Russian Wheat Aphid Outbreak in the Mid North
- 2016 Southern Flinders Business Employment & Training Awards
- Cash-flow profitability and budget workshop
- Pinery fire recovery newsletter, Issue 12, March 22
- Waterloo Wind Farm Stage 2 COMMUNITY UPDATE
- Leadership Development Program 2016
- Pinery fire recovery newsletter, Issue 8, February 11
- TAFE SA Fee Free Workshop
- Pinery fire recovery newsletter, Issue 6
- Yorke and Mid North Approved Projects under the Stronger Region Fund
- Update on Community Meetings regarding Pinery Fires
- Pinery Fires
- Burra Industrial Estate Opportunity – Registrations of Interest Now Open
- 2014-2015 Celebration of Employment Awards - Nominations Now Open!
- NBN Online Registration is Live
- Round 2 of National Stronger Regions Fund Now Open!
- Funding Opportunity to Upskill Existing Workers
- Call for Independent Chair for Upper Spencer Gulf Common Purpose Group
- Industry Driven Career Services in the Yorke and Mid North
- New 2015-16 Regional Development Fund Programs Announced
- Position Vacancy: Finance Officer (Temporary, part-time position)
- Fund My Idea Mid North Now Open
- Brand SA Launches 2015 Regional Awards
- Cabinet to visit the Mid North in first Country Cabinet of 2015
- Accelerating Strategic Investment Projects in Regional South Australia
- Expressions of Interest Now Open - Employment & Training Opportunities
- Tourism Training Opportunities in Yorke, Mid North & Southern Flinders!
- Tenders Invited for Community Services Project
- Southern Flinders Ranges ‘Grass Roots Project’ Funding Success!
- Have Your Say_Review of government mouse policy in South Australia
- Workshop Invitation - Get some Yorke on your Fork
- Workshop - Get some Yorke on your Fork
- Official Opening of the Clare Valley Aerodrome
- Food & Wine Hub Expression of Interest
- New Regional Development Fund Programs Now Open!
- Nominations Open for Celebration of Employment Awards
- Expanded $15m Fund Supporting our Regional Communities
- Tickets On Sale for 2014 Southern Flinders Business Employment & Training Awards!
- Long Awaited Confidence Boost for Port Pirie and Region
- Nominations Closing Soon for 2014 Southern Flinders Awards!
- Future Looks Bright for Regional SA, Jobs Creation & Regional Jobseekers
- Making Yorke and Mid North Low Carbon Investment Ready
- RDAYMN Food and Wine Tourism Development Fund Opens!
- Funding Bolsters Regional Growth & Development
- Southern Flinders Ranges: Still Open for Business!
- Launch of Goyder’s Line Sustainability Hub
- Get Some Yorke on Your Fork!
- Innovative Aged Care Training Program for Yorke and Mid North
- Mobile Black Spots - We Heard Your Call!
- Addressing the State of Our Regional Roads
- Where are our Region’s Mobile Black Spots?
- Regional Development Fund - Adding Value to Value Add
- Career Services Yorke and Mid North Launches
- Employing People with Disability in Our Region
- Yorke & Mid North Renewable Energy & Low Carbon Technologies Survey
- Northern and Yorke a Winner Against Climate Change
- 2012-2013 Yorke Peninsula Celebration of Employment Awards Presentation
- Nominations Now Open for Celebration of Employment Awards!
- RDAF Round 3 Success for Key Projects in the Yorke & Mid North
- Great Sponsorship Opportunity: 2013 Barista Competition
- RDAF Projects in Yorke and Mid North Move to Next Stage of Assessment
- Innovative Youth Engagement & Trade Program
- Collaboration on Flinders Ranges National Landscapes Program
- New Chair Appointed for SFRTA
- $2.7 Million for SA Regions Announced
- RDAF Rounds 3 & 4 Expressions of Interest Close Thursday 6 December
- Infrastructure Audit Highlights Our Region’s Potential
- $10 million Funding Boost for Key Project in the Yorke and Mid North
- Exciting New Plan for Clare Valley Tourism
- A Stronger Future for Port Pirie (2012-13 State Budget)
- Nominate for the Advantage SA Regional Awards!
- Get Your Tickets for the Southern Flinders Awards!
- Tourism Training is a Priority
Long Awaited Confidence Boost for Port Pirie and Region
The recent announcement by Nyrstar and the South Australian Government marks a remarkable milestone in the history of Port Pirie’s Nyrstar Smelter which produces lead, zinc, copper, silver, gold and sulphuric acid. Now confirmed, the $514 million Port Pirie Transformation Project will deliver an innovative and sustainable solution to the current environmental and technical challenges facing the Nyrstar Port Pirie operation.
Friday’s announcement by Nyrstar and the South Australian Government marks a remarkable milestone in the history of Port Pirie’s Nyrstar Smelter which produces lead, zinc, copper, silver, gold and sulphuric acid. Now confirmed, the $514 million Port Pirie Transformation Project will deliver an innovative and sustainable solution to the current environmental and technical challenges facing the Nyrstar Port Pirie operation. When commissioned the new facility is expected to have an operating life in excess of 30 years.
Nyrstar is Port Pirie’s major employer,directly employing around 700 people plus 130 full-time equivalent contractors. Nyrstar also indirectly supports around 2,500 jobs in the region and contributes $1.6 billion to South Australia’s economic output including $755 million of exports making it the most significant private sector contributor to the community and the region and a substantial contributor to the State’s economic output.
Nyrstar’s strategic solutions involve transforming its Port Pirie operations away from that of a primary lead smelter into a highly flexible poly-metallic processing and recovery facility. The project will also deliver a significant improvement in environmental performance and community health by reducing lead-in-air, dust and sulphur dioxide emissions.
Kelly-Anne Saffin, CEO of Regional Development Australia Yorke & Mid North (RDAYMN) congratulates the Board of Nyrstar and the local management team on their successful navigation of the delicate process to secure the long term future of Port Pirie’s major employer.
“For more than a century the Port Pirie Smelter has been the keystone of South Australia’s first provincial city’s economy. This injection of confidence for the people of the region is a testament to the many key players.”
Ms Saffin wishes to acknowledge the tireless work carried out by Nyrstar, Premier Jay Weatherill, Geoff Brock MP, Member for Frome, Rowan Ramsey, Member for Grey, the Transformation Task Force, Minister Koutsantonis and Minister Kenyon along with Mayor Brenton Vanstone of the Port Pirie Regional Council.
“This project, which has been championed by many, received bi-partisan support from the outset and is now set to deliver an environmentally and economically viable future for Port Pirie,” she added.
CEO, Regional Development Australia Yorke and Mid North
Phone: 0417 872 015