Wakefield Regional Council
Wakefield Regional Council values its people and prides itself on being an employer of choice. The main office is uniquely located only 75km from metropolitan Adelaide, with many team members commuting on a daily basis.
We are looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join our team – somebody who is highly motivated and suitably qualified in building surveying to undertake building inspections and assessments across the Council region.
The successful applicant will have accreditation and tertiary qualification in Building Surveying, and will primarily be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016, associated Regulations, National Construction Code, and other associated legislation.
- Investigate and inspect building work and other regulatory control matters.
- Assist in the lodgement, assessment and processing of development applications in accordance with statutory requirements using the Plan SA DAP.
- Provide a high level of quality customer service and professional development and building advice to internal and external stakeholders, including educating and advising the public and industry on matters relating to development within the Wakefield Regional Council.
We are an amazing Council genuinely focused on our people and devoted to delivering great things for our community. We are committed to employing individuals who align with Council’s values. We can offer a family friendly environment and career diversity that will undoubtedly enhance your career path for the future. You will enjoy an amazing range of benefits which include:
- Grace Days;
- Corporate Health Programme with annual health checks, skin cancer assessments and flu vaccinations;
- Income protection scheme;
- Flexible employment opportunities;
- Fortnightly RDO’s;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Portability of leave within SA Local Government.
We are an Equal Employment organisation that is gender inclusive. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people living with disability to apply. Advertisements can be supplied in a variety of formats if required by the applicant.
The position description is available from Council’s website www.wrc.sa.gov.au, or by email email@example.com. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Manager People & Governance, Alisha Senior on 8862 0800.
Written applications close 5pm, Monday 26 February 2024 and should be addressed to:
Alisha Senior, Manager People & Governance
Wakefield Regional Council
Position: Building Officer
PO Box 167
BALAKLAVA SA 5461
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be regarded strictly in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.