Uniting Country SA
Let’s conquer 2024 side by side! #JoinTheAdventure.
We are one of the largest and progressive not-for-profit regional community services providers in South Australia. Established over 100 years ago, we are headquartered in Port Pirie with over 340 talented, qualified employees and over 170 dedicated volunteers.
Our positive, hands-on involvement in regional communities is rewarding and enriching, both for staff and for the people we work with.
Every day we celebrate diversity, thrive on inclusion and demand equity. We provide a collaborative, supportive and flexible working environment while constantly advocating for change to make things even better!
We are always on the lookout for people who share our values and passion to join our team. We can offer you the chance to thrive in a career that makes a difference in people’s lives.
If you are kind, compassionate, believe in a society that is fair and justice for all the community, then we want you!
Why Join Us
You will have:
- Flexible working arrangements and salary packaging benefits.
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members.
- A seat at the table where grassroots changes/improvements are made to tackle social justice issues.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing initiatives.
- A career pathway with a comprehensive induction, as well as continuous training.
- Ongoing support and professional development opportunities.
We recognise that diversity in our workforce enables us to better support our clients’ aspirations and goals. So, if you are a person living with a disability, an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, part of the LGBTIQA+ community, from a culturally diverse group, have lived experience or are unique in any other way, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud to be a White Ribbon Accredited Workplace and a member of Pride in Diversity, and in 2021 we were ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Australia.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Experience the difference. Make change together.
Uniting Country SA – Caring for Country People
Position Location: Clare
Position Status: Part Time FTE 0.50
Closing Date for Applications: 3rd March 2024
The Foster Care and Respite Services is the provision of General and Specialist family-based foster care and support for children and young people who are under the Guardianship of the Chief Executive, Department of Child Protection. The service aims to ensure children and young people are treated well, cared for properly an, and afforded the same opportunities as children who are not in foster care.
As the Practitioner, you will aim to support Foster Carers in their role and ensure that the home accommodation and the quality of care provided by foster families meet the required standards, as stipulated in the service agreement, the National Standards for out-of-home and UCSA Foster Care Policy and the Procedure Manual.
Please view the Position Description for further information on the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Be responsible for supporting foster and respite carers by maintaining regular contact.
- Maintain a child focus and work in partnership with the care team.
- Complete comprehensive, professional case notes and ensure accurate information is collected and stored on the relevant database/s.
- Attend regular professional supervision sessions, meetings, trainings and development opportunities.
It is essential for you to have:
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
- A Certificate IV or above in Youth Work or Child, Youth and Family Intervention or willingness and commitment to attain qualification within two years of commencement of employment.
- Relevant experience, in a paid or voluntary capacity.
A tertiary qualification in a Human Services related field e.g. Social Work will be highly regarded.
You may also need to be available for some out of hours work and travel between Uniting Country SA sites or interstate as required.
Our process requires you to provide a Resume, Cover Letter and a statement addressing the Duties and Responsibilities contained within the Position Description. You will need to put this information in three (3) separate documents and upload each document.
Refer to the Uniting Country SA Guide to Applying for more information.
All offers of employment are subject to the screening and assessment requirements of the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 and any other legislation that interacts with it.
Please contact Donna Barnes on 0437 534 829 for any questions concerning this position.
Please contact Laiken Bell, People and Culture Officer on 0466 503 880 for enquiries regarding the application process.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.