SA Health - Women’s and Children’s Health Network
- Women’s and Children’s Health Network, Disability Service – Allied Health, Complex, Sub Acute and Spiritual Care
- Multiple Locations – Adelaide Hills, Jamestown, Victor Harbour and Port Lincoln
- Hourly Pay – Classification – OPS1.6 and OPS2
- Operational Services Stream Level 1.6 – $27.54
- Operational Services Stream Level 2 – OPS2 $29.13 – $31.34
- Plus 25% Casual Loading
- Employment – Casual
The Women’s and Children’s Health Network provides state of the art health care for women and children in Adelaide and South Australia.
We are the state’s leading provider of specialist care for children with acute and chronic conditions and SA’s largest maternity and obstetric service. We also provides important community-based services.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity to join the Disability Services Team as a Health Support Officer in a casual capacity.
The Health Support Officer (Unlicensed Health Care Worker) uses procedures and specific health plans to provide support and undertake health support tasks for students who have invasive health care needs, to enable attendance and full participation as students in educational settings.
The Health Support Officer (HSO) will be trained and individually assessed for competency by a registered nurse to provide this health support according to a health plan. The health support provided ranges from personal care to administering medication, to delegated complex and invasive health care tasks which may include one to one (1:1) support and responding to emergency situations.
The HSO Level 2 will be trained and individually assessed for competency by a RN to provide this health support according to a health plan. The health support provided ranges from personal care to administering medication, to delegated complex and invasive health care tasks and includes responding to emergency situations. Examples of additional support a HSO Level 2 may provide include:
- Respiratory support (tracheostomy, CPAP, BiPAP, oxygen);
- Feeding and medication support via a tube (gastrostomy, nasogastric);
- Continence and elimination support (colostomy, catheter);
- High health needs/complex seizure management.
Both the HSO Level 1 and 2 may also be offered shifts within the Women and Children’s Hospital (WCH) inpatient areas.
Can you provide individual client health care, (in line with training, Disability Services procedures and the client’s health care plan) and can you maintain confidentiality and support students in a way that maximises privacy, dignity, independence, safety, comfort and learning?
If the answer is YES and you are looking for a great Casual opportunity close to home and mainly school / preschool hours you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Other Important Information
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working part-time.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and appropriate immunisation requirements.
- DHS Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- National Police Certificate (NPC) for employment involving unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups required for this position (E.g. work involving vulnerable clients)
Immunisation Risk for this position is – Category A (direct contact with blood or body substances)
COVID-19 vaccination may be an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 815908
Access Assistant Manager
Phone: (08) 81599430
Application Closing Date: Sunday 28 February 2024 – 11.55PM
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.