- Kadina location
- Be a positive force in the lives of women by becoming a support worker (female support workers only required for this client)
- Be part of a value driven organisation who cares for the community
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. Our purpose driven team are committed to providing support that empowers people with a disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities.
We strive to make a difference everyday – the people we support, our team and our communities. By joining our team, you are not only stepping into a great career opportunity, but you are also part of something bigger.
Your new role
As a Support Worker, you will be an integral part of our Kadina team in providing support and care to our clients. You will be providing support to our clients on a 24/7 basis, and will need to be flexible to work over a 7 day, 24 hour roster period including mornings, evenings, weekends and sleepovers.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provide one-on-one support to our female clients with their daily activities, such as meal preparation, hygiene routines and medication management, promoting a sense of stability and routine.
- Foster independence and empower our clients to achieve their goals through encouragement and guidance.
- Respond promptly and effectively to any challenges or issues that may arise, ensuring a positive, safe and nurturing environment for everyone.
- Assist our clients with community access and social activities to enhance social skills and build relationships.
- Develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with our clients.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of individual progress and activities, while adhering to Cara’s policies and procedures.
- Competitive remuneration package plus salary packaging benefits (up to $15,899 tax free and $2,650 tax free on meals and entertainment).
- Supportive, rewarding and friendly work environment.
- On the job paid training.
- Paid parental leave.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Current NDIS Worker Check / DHS Disability Employment (or willing to obtain).
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011).
- You have the right to work in Australia.
- A requirement of your ongoing employment with Cara, all persons engaging in work or duties in healthcare settings must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved vaccine.
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent experience (not essential but desirable).
How do I apply?
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.