Nyrstar Port Pirie Pty Ltd
Who we are
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Visit www.nyrstar.com
Overview of the role
Applications are open for Fitter’s to join the Maintenance Department at Nyrstar Port Pirie.
You will be responsible for breakdown repairs, modifications and preventative maintenance activities to all equipment and plant on site.
This is a residential role, based in Port Pirie, South Australia working on the 5/4 roster. This is an equal time dayshift only roster of 4 days on, 5 days off, 5 days on, 4 days off, 5 days on, 5 days off. This provides a great balance between work and play, with more days off than the usual two day weekend. This roster provides two weekends off per month for you to enjoy your lifestyle with family and friends, whilst building a successful career. Enjoy the benefits of working with a dynamic team and being home at the end of every shift.
What does working for Nyrstar mean?
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focused on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values – we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence,
Teamwork and Integrity.
What we can offer you:
- Relocation to Port Pirie, including but not limited to relocation of your household items, temporary accommodation upon your arrival and $5k to cover any additional relocation expenses
- Investment in high end technology for maintenance services to improve reliability
- Career development through functional integration and virtual reality
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Subsidised gym/fitness memberships
- Private health benefits
- Subsidised dental health care for you and your family
- Novated car leasing option
- Study assistance
What we need from you:
- Relevant Trade Qualification (minimum Certificate III)
- Heavy industry, mining, smelting or similar experience is highly regarded
- Self-motivated, reliable, and be able to work effectively under pressure whilst being a team player
- Additional qualifications in Dogging, Rigging, EWP, Confined Space and Working at Heights are also highly regarded
Submit your application including a resume and copies of relevant qualifications, by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Please note you must have unrestricted valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Nyrstar Port Pirie’s Safety Policy requires clean shaven employees and is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.
#port pirie #LI-PA1
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.