Tesla have an exciting opportunity for experienced electrical technicians to maintain and service utility-scale battery sites and work on the Tesla Megapack battery storage component.
In this role, you will join the technician team for the Hornsdale site near Jamestown to service, troubleshoot, or upgrade medium to high voltage equipment.
Applicants should be self-motivated team players with a positive attitude, who see this as an opportunity to begin building a career with Tesla in the renewable energy infrastructure sector.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as defined by the service engineering team
- Be available to travel, contributing to equipment uptime across multiple locations
- Perform complex and precise electro-mechanical debug, rework and repair
- Perform tasks requiring a high level of skill and patience
- Comfortable and able to work with Medium and High Voltage while maintaining a safety focus
- Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment (including DMMs and MV test equipment)
- Develop and follow best practices and procedures for various maintenance activities related to Tesla Energy equipment
- Maintain high levels of communication and feedback within the Tesla Energy service organization; prepare daily updates of work completed, problems identified, and future timelines.
- Have flexibility to provide support outside your region and possibly outside the country as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned per our growth and diversity across applications
- Actively work across Powerpack and Megapack utility sites, ensuring operations & maintenance requirements are met, maintaining a healthy fleet that is performing optimally
- Certified Electrician (Cert III (3)+ in Electrical/Electro Technology)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, with at least 3 years’ electrical experience within the renewables sector. (BESS/Solar/Wind experience is preferred)
- Must have up to date Electrical Registration/Licence
- HV Switching Certification a plus, including experience
- SCADA and HMI use experience preferrable
- Exposure to use of Omicron Test equipment suite
- Knowledge of data networks
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
- Strong computer skills. Comfort with Microsoft office and cloud-based computing programs.
- Ability to communicate and function well in a mobile office setting
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused
- Willingness to work outdoors, on the road, at unusual hours
- Ability to lift 20-25kg
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain and perform top level professional integrity
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.