Kilikanoon Wines is seeking a self motivated and experienced vineyard operator to join our small but dynamic vineyard team. Reporting directly to the Chief Viticulturist, you will have the skills to both work independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Tractor operations including slashing, mulching and spraying.
- Harvester operations including driving self propelled G8, gondola and hand harvesting.
- Canopy management. Pruning and vine training.
- Irrigation system service and maintenance.
- Record keeping with the ability to follow best practice policy and procedures.
- Contribute to the ongoing culture of heath and safety.
- A number of years experience in vineyard operations or another agricultural enterprise.
- A sound knowledge of agronomic principles with an understanding of sustainable viticulture
- Experience in a mechanical and outdoor ground work based role is essential.
- Good communication skills, with a willingness to learn and be part of a strong team.
- Safety awareness and working knowledge of healthy and safety requirements.
- Valid C class drivers license is a minimum requirement but a HR truck license, fork lift and loader tickets along with a current Chem cert certificate and a current first Aid ticket would be desirable.
- Applicants must have Australian citizenship, or be a permanent resident.
- Kilikanoon is an equal opportunity employer.
Perks and Benefits
- generous wine allowance
- Flexible work environment
- Attractive salary commensurate to level of experience.
Kilikanoon was founded in 1997 in the Clare Valley and grew from humble beginnings to today’s enviable international reputation, having produced many award winning wines globally.
Having been named “Best Australian winery ” eight times among other awards, Kilikanoon continues to ensure the Clare Valleys rightful place as one of the great wine producing places in the world.
Click the Apply button today attaching a copy of your current resume and out lining your skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.