Job no: 827341
Work type: Casual
Location: Yorke and Mid North
- Yorke and Northern Local Health Network, various sites across Yorke and Northern region
- Salary $28.10 – $28.93 per hour + 25% casual loading – Casual up to 31 May 2024 – AIN/AIM
Please note locations: Balaklava, Booleroo Centre, Burra, Clare, Crystal Brook, Gladstone, Jamestown, Laura, Maitland, Minlaton, Orroroo, Peterborough, Port Pirie, Riverton, Snowtown, Wallaroo and Yorketown.
Joining the Yorke and Northern LHN CenSTaR Assistant in Nursing Candidate Pool you will assist in providing care to residents and patients across Yorke and Northern Local Health Network sites.
As an Assistant in Nursing, you will support Enrolled and Registered Nurses in the delivery of general resident/client care, and undertake basic nursing duties that would otherwise have been performed by an Enrolled or Registered Nurse. This will include personal care duties for patients, as well as technical support functions at the level of setting up for nursing procedures, cleaning equipment and managing local stock levels. You will help to maintain a physically and culturally safe environment for patients and staff and follow established guidelines, protocols, procedure, standards and systems of work as set out by the organisation. You will work under the direct or indirect supervision of a Registered Nurse and your work may also be overseen by an Enrolled Nurse within a care team.
To be eligible to apply candidates must:
- Be enrolled as a student in an undergraduate program in nursing or midwifery and have completed any training required by the employer relevant to the safe and competent performance of work at this level; OR
- Be employed on the basis that the person is, or will be, undertaking a course approved by the Registration Authority for the preparation of Enrolled Nurses; OR
- Hold a Certificate III or IV in one of the following health related disciplines:
- Basic Health Care;
- Aged Care;
- Health Services Assistance: (Qualifications to include elective units recommended for AIN Acute care);
- Home and Community Care;
- Individual Support Work;
- Or such other nationally recognised courses approved within the healthcare setting by full agreement of DHA and the ANMF
Being part of Yorke & Northern means you will be supported both personally and professionally, can take advantage of education and training opportunities, will have access to flexible working hours and be part of an inter-professional approach to holistic health care.
The beautiful Yorke and Northern region is a great lifestyle location with easy access to Adelaide via a major road network. There is the opportunity to work flexible hours within service needs – work/life balance is valued by our health network. We offer supportive and friendly team environments across our sites. The health units within the Yorke & Northern LHN have dedicated, experienced staff who strive to meet the needs of the community by providing the highest level of health care.
A career in the Yorke and Northern Local Health Network offers many great lifestyle benefits, including diverse job prospects and the opportunity to fast track your skills and career, not to mention your choice of scenery from farm, ocean, vineyards and the Southern Flinders ranges. View the below videos for more information about working for Yorke and Northern Local Health Network
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and appropriate immunisation requirements.
- DHS Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- DHS National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Worker Check
- National Police Certificate (NPC) for employment involving unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups required for this position (E.g. aged care employment or work involving vulnerable clients)
Immunisation Risk for this position is – Category A (direct contact with blood or body substances)
SA Health Services are required to implement the Addressing vaccine preventable disease: Occupational assessment, screening and vaccination policy in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 806760.
CenSTaR Administration Officer
Phone: 0422 142 426
Application Closing Date
31 May 2024 – 11.55PM
Advertised: 26 May 2023 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 31 May 2024 Cen. Australia Standard Tim
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.